WHAT IS THE INDUSTRY INITIATIVES PROGRAM?
Creative BC is an economic development agency. We provide professional expertise and business support to strengthen BC's motion picture, interactive digital, music and publishing sectors. The Industry Initiatives Program provides funding to a wide range of domestic events and initiatives that aim to engage British Columbia’s creative industries sector.
For music related festivals, events, research projects or initiatives, please visit Amplify BC.
Eligible initiatives and events include, but are not limited to, forums, workshops, conferences, and economic research with a business development component.
Ineligible events and initiatives normally include:
- Events in their inaugural year;
- Film Festival Screenings;
- Ceremonies, Award Shows, Luncheons, Receptions, Mixers or Networking Events , Galas and Parties;
- The development or production of creative content or projects;
- Funding for individual professional development or academic pursuits; and
- Capital purchases or operating costs not specific to a program, including utilities, corporate overhead or salaries.
Processing time for submissions is approximately 8-10 weeks. Please apply at least 12 weeks prior to your event date.
2020/21 GUIDELINES AND ONLINE APPLICATION
We are no longer accepting applications for 2019/20. For events taking place between April 1st, 2020 and March 31st, 2021 please read the 2020/21 GUIDELINES.
For an updated version of the Industry Initiatives Guidelines and Online Application, please check back April 30th, 2020.
Erika Kumar | Business Analyst