Domestic Industry Initiatives Details
who can apply to THE domestic INDUSTRY INITIATIVES PROGRAM?
Creative BC acknowledges the unprecedented challenges applicants may be facing due to the global impact of COVID-19. We are committed to working with industry on solutions that will allow applicants to execute their initiatives and events, or a version thereof.
In order to be eligible, applicants must be:
- Incorporated under British Columbia’s Society Act; or
- A British Columbia based not-for-profit organization (with its head office in BC);
- Governed by a Board of Directors (where applicable);
- Engaged in the production of programs and initiatives consistent with CrBC’s objective of developing the province’s creative industries; and
- An organization whose principals, directors and officers are in good standing with CrBC.
Eligible initiatives and events include, but are not limited to, in-person or online forums, panels, workshops and conferences and economic research. For fiscal year 2021/22 (April 1, 2021 – March 31, 2022) applicants who postponed initiatives or events due to Covid-19 may apply for funding to support strategic planning.
Ineligible events and initiatives normally include:
- Events (i.e. festivals) in their inaugural year;
- Events or initiatives for youth that are not directly associated with the motion pictures interactive digital media or publishing sectors;
- Live performance, (theatre, music, dance);
- Film Festival Screenings;
- Ceremonies, Award Shows, Luncheons, Receptions, Networking Events, Galas and Parties;
- The development or production of creative content or projects (i.e. films, web series, PSAs, commercials, episodic television, educational videos, this includes the creation of any Covid-19 related content.);
- Funding for individual professional development or academic pursuits;
- Travel support for groups or individuals; and
- Capital purchases (i.e. property, equipment, vehicles, etc.)
Applicants must submit a completed online application form together with the required support documentation. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Please apply well in advance of the proposed initiative or event. Processing time for submissions is approximately 8-10 weeks. It is anticipated that the total request for funding will greatly exceed the funding available.
Applicants should ensure that their support materials clearly convey the strengths of their application with respect to business development opportunities and diversity. Diversity can be demonstrated through geographic region, genre, activity, cultural, or gender representation, and other means
2021/22 GUIDELINES AND FAQ
We kindly ask that you read the current 2021-2022 Domestic Industry Initiatives Guidelines and FAQ prior to submitting your Expression of Interest application.